Just a few changes:
- Added about 3/4 of a can of black beans (as suggested by my sister, though it was already in my mind). I ♥ beans and it added just one more dimension to it.
- Considered adding chopped red peppers to it, but the salsa actually gave it some decent color so I left it alone.
- Next time I will cube the chicken instead of putting in whole breasts. Easier for dishing out leftovers (which this dish is amazing for) and for my husband who doesn't have a desk/table to eat at, it will be easier for him to eat if it's already cut up.
My adjusted recipe ....
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 c. brown minute rice
- 1 to 1-1/2 c. salsa
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3/4 can (540 mL) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 4-5 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. paprika
Optional: Top with chopped green onions after baking.
Unfortunately I did not get a picture of it. My husband stole my camera last week for his work projects and I haven't gotten it back from him yet. The dish was made last night, but when he got home his clients had fed him and I wasn't hungry. So I only had a little taste last night and am now devouring it for lunch.
Had a nice run yesterday. Did an easy paced 10K run with a friend. I'm still slowly getting back up to more distance and pace after being sick. I've been working on a new running plan for the remainder of the summer. Will update when I know how it's going.