Friday, February 4, 2011

I Gotta Feeling ... wooohooo ... that this month's gonna be a good month

I've been MIA this week but not for any particular reason other than perhaps a little writers block and a minor case of sore throat, thus less running.

I missed quite a few of my planned runs in the last bit of January.  Had some crappy weather and truly just didn't feel like running outdoors, nor on the treadmill.  It happens.  While I have definite goals I want to achieve, at the end of the day I run for enjoyment and I will not force it if my heart isn't in it.

Last Sunday I had 12 miles planned but woke up feeling very lightheaded, tired and just drained.  It was super cold out too and my son had a game in the afternoon, so I just decided to forego the run.

By the time Tuesday came around it had been a week since my last run.  It was time to do SOMETHING!  It was still pretty darn cold, but the wind had died down and I chose to face the elements.  It turned out to be one of the best runs in a long time.  Only 4 miles, but I enjoyed every step of it.  THAT is what it should be about!

Quick summary of January ....

Didn't run near as much as I had planned.  Started the month on an injury and ended it with bad weather and feeling off.  Still, I got in 64 miles and enjoyed most of them.  Substantially short of the 106 miles I had planned ... but I will not beat myself up over it.

The great thing about January was I had set a goal to lose 4 lbs .... and I lost 4.6!!!!  I'm super stoked about that.

My February goals include running 100 miles and losing another 3.4 lbs from Jan 31st to Feb 28th.

February has just started but it's already feeling like an amazing month.  I have ALOT going on and I just have this incredibly positive vibe going on that started about 2 weeks ago.  I haven't felt this way in a long, LONG time.  There are just so many areas of my life right now that make me so happy.  I don't think my marriage has ever been as strong.  My kids are amazing and they make me so proud.  While finances haven't really improved, there is a little light twinkling out there and I really don't think it's a train this time.  There's nothing really noteable, but I just feel this little shift, a little change in gears and I have this sense.  Sure hope I'm right about that!!

This weekend is going to be GREAT too.  Both kids have soccer games, I have a race and then there is family UFC night.  It's probably gonna rain all weekend, but it's sunny in my world so who cares - hahaha.

Have an AMAZING weekend!

Keep Active!

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

Marlene said...

I think it's sooo important to keep the enjoyment alive... and if that means skipping some runs when you're not feeling into it (or especially if you're sick!), then so be it! Good for you!

Bring on February!!!

Missy said...

I was just starting to miss you! The other day I said to myself, "I haven't heard from Heidi lately...Sad." Glad to have you back this Friday!

I am wishing you a happy, healthy February!!!

Teamarcia said...

You have such a great attitude toward running and I think that's rubbing off on everything else. Let's here it for sunshine!

kimert said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! Good luck with your FEb goals!! I'm glad to see you back. :)

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

In all the training we do we sometimes forget that running is FUN!! Glad you had a great run and it sounds like you have a lot to look forward to! Good luck with the race this weekend! :)

Marcelle said...

AFter reading this I feel okay about not training for the last two days, as what you say in your entry is so true, if you dont train with the love and joy then what is the point, and right now I have none...
Great that life is good for you right now...:)

Fran said...

Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it, do it
And do it, and do it, let's live it up
And do it, and do it, and do it, do it, do it
Let's do it, let's do it, let's do it

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooo

I love the positivity in this post! I'm happy because you are happy!

And as for your goals: you did great, a great weight loss and those miles? Well you and I know you'll catch up on that, we still have 11 months to go.

And now that you're back: time to visit my blog again :) I've missed you there too.

Have a great weekend Heidi, you've made mine with this great post.

Terri said...

It IS going to be a great month! :)