Monday, November 14, 2011

A Little Secret

I'm almost afraid to say this .... so, shhhhhhhhhhhh ....


I'm ..... enjoying ..... running .... again!

I honestly don't know what it is.  Maybe cooler temperatures.  Maybe leaving the Garmin behind.  Maybe running with my big dog.  Maybe running alone.

Whatever it is, I'm happy!

I've done 3 ~5K runs this week.  Two on the road, 1 on the treadmill - and I honestly enjoyed every one of them.  Not a clue what my pace was, and I don't care (for now).

Maybe I'm just done feeling sorry for myself.  Done with looking in the mirror telling the reflection what a waste of time this last year has been.  I'm moving on.  Starting from scratch (well, not quite).  But I'm rebuilding the wall.

AND ... I have a goal.  It involves improving on this race in 2012.  This will require some regular, consistent, progressive training, and a definite reduction in weight.  I'm also seriously considering a "fun-run" half marathon for 2012.  While I still have goals in mind for that distance, it's not one I want to focus on just yet - but I do want to do another half regardless of time.  My goals for that can sit on the back burner for a while and be resurrected when it feels right.

My goals this week are 3 runs of at least 5K and 2-3 fitness classes.

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

4 comments:

Fran said...

What a great post to read early in the morning, you made my day Heidi because I'm so happy for you that you found your joy for running back!

I'm going to try a trail run with Bella soon, have to wait till I receive the leash especially for running with your dog.

Keep enjoying this feeling my friend!

misszippy said...

So glad you found your mojo! I'm sure 2012 will rock for you with this approach!

Marcelle said...

I wont say a word...your secret is safe with me :)))
So happy the running queen has found her wings again...love reading this today...
Keep going and as u said...who cares about time and distance...just RUN

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude toward all your fitness goals! I've noticed that I've enjoyed running a lot more these past few weeks too -- and it's mainly because I don't have a goal in mind. I'm just out to run because i'm loving it right now. Keep up the great work and motivation!! :)