Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Haven't posted in a few days. Truth be told I've been waiting for my run results to be posted so I could comment on them ... but I'm still waiting (and frustrated). Grrr, how long can it take? Do they need me to go do it for them??? HAHAHA

Anyhow, the race went pretty well. I wasn't happy with my time (about 32:30), however it was quite a challenging trail - lots of hills, a very long, steep one right at the end. There were a few obstacles we had to jump over, lots of roots, twists & turns - some uneven gravel, snow & ice. Still, I thought I'd do better. My son ran the same distance and although he didn't remember the time he came in (he's a doughhead that way), he thinks he came in 7th overall. Pretty good in a pretty large field of people who run regularly in clinics and races - and he's not a runner. He didn't want to ruin his new, good running shoes so we got him a pair of cheapies from Walmart to run in. My husband ran the 10K option and did pretty good (in my opinion). His time was about 57:30, not sure where he placed in the field - definitely not the very top, but probably in the upper half. He also is not a runner, he's run at home maybe 5-6 times total this year, but he's quite fit.

So my next race is Feb 22nd and it's 8K. If I sustain the same pace as the last race I could do it in 52 minutes, but to be honest I'd like to do it in 48 minutes MAX, but I'm not sure about that. The last race was hard, much harder than I thought and I was suprised how sore I was the next day. Especially since I run regularly, and usually faster over that distance. I trail run, but have no idea of my pace on that - maybe there is a big difference.

Yesterday was a tough day for me - I could have cleared out the bulk bins on candy at the local grocery store. The whole family had sweet cravings, which of course doesn't help when we all want it. So I did cave and made a gooey, fudgey, chocolate cake - but I only had half a piece. Today I'm feeling "normal" again so hopefully I tamed the craving.

1 comment:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

32.30 is great! At least you finished and you didn't walk any of it! Sounds like you have a pretty healthy family!