Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sore Muscles!

I think I may have overdone it last week with the squats & lunges. My legs feel like bricks the last few days. Tried to train for the run last night and just didn't get very far. Did 25 min at a slower than normal speed then that was it. Moved over the the elliptical and that was still tough. I want/need to work on my cardio, but I just didn't have the strength to push myself further. So today I'm going to scale down the intensity and do some walking then bootcamp. I pray she's not going to do a major leg workout tonight.

I think I could use a little pool time too maybe. Surely that's got to be easier and will definitely get that heart rate up there. Friday morning I'm taking a fitness class and this time I'll bring my suit and do some laps afterwards. If I have to pay I may as well use all the facilities!!!

Both the kids got their course planning sheets completed and are handing them in today. That's one more thing off of my mind. My daughters was pretty straightforward as the options are minimal. My son's was more important as this will pave the way for the path of his schooling/career future. At the moment I think he's making really good choices and he's listening to me about covering his options for down the road. Hopefully he continues to listen as the years progress.

I'm in a food slump. I haven't tried a new recipe, or anything remotely exciting in weeks. It just all feels so blah. Eating is feeling very mechanical, something I know I have to do but am just not interested in. Maybe I just have too much planning/organizing on the go and don't have the extra energy to focus on meal planning. Ah well, it should calm down in a couple weeks so hopefully I get back to it - if not I'll have to force the issue.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

you are just awesome you know that?

wow!!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I'm right there with you in a food slump. No real excitement lately to be creative. Oh well, such is life!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

cute new background! luvin the pink!