Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I DID IT!!!!!

I finally broke 150 AND reached my pre-vacation goal weight. WAHOOOOO!!!!!
This morning I was 149.4 - yipppeeeeeee

I was so excited I ran back in the bedroom to grab my husband to show him. I dragged him into the bathroom saying "Look! Look!". I very carefully and gingerly tip toed onto the scale and it read 156.8 - WTF! I'm sure my eyes popped out of my head. It took me a moment to gather my thoughts, then I realized the big turd had stuck his toe on the scale behind me and given it an extra push. ARGH!!!!! That move almost cost him having to buy a new scale. He's lucky I didn't throw it (or better yet him!) out the window.

I'm a little extra proud because yesterday as I was on my way home from work my husband called and said we had to go down to Bellingham to meet up with his best friend. We had borrowed a trailer of his and he needed it back. He lives south of Seattle and with his new company getting off the ground he's only been home a total of 10 days since January. This was a rare day that he was home so we arranged to have both families meet up for dinner.

Was so nice seeing them, they're such wonderful people ♥. We went to Billy McHale's and the menu selection is not among the healthiest of fare. I had a bit of struggle picking something but then remembered something I told someone yesterday about remembering what was most important - the meal or the goal.

My husband chose a few appetizers .... Spinach Artichoke Dip, Chicken Wings with Potato Chips and Chicken Fajita Quesadilla. Oh I LOVE me some appys!!!! But, I stuck to one tablespoon of the dip with 5 nachos and 1/3 of a wed of Quesadilla.

For dinner I chose the Teriyaki Chicken. It was 2 thin chicken breasts topped with tomato, green onion, a pineapple slice and teriyaki sauce. It came with a HUGE twice baked potato - which I took one bite of and gave the rest to my daughter. Also came with cheese bread that I had just one small bite of (it wasn't good anyway), and a cob of corn sitting in probably a 1/4 c. of melter butter. That just looked disgusting. I ate a couple rows off the top that weren't dripping in butter (but must have had some on it). Basically I just stuck to the chicken and it was very satisfying.

This restuarant has an AMAZING selection of margaritas. Pretty much any flavour you could ever want. But I stuck to my resolve and had a Ruby Mist Herbal tea (mmm good, will have to look for this) and a big ol' glass of ice water.

Considering it was completely unexpected and I was absolutely STARVING when we got there, I'm really proud of how I did. Especially since everyone else was having big plates of ribs or burgers & fries.

5 comments:

Hafa said...

Congratulations!!!!
You've done a great job :)
I don't know what I would do to my hubby if he had done something like that... I would throw the scale and him out the window :)))))

Anyway, also you controlled your self with the dinner! Great job! :)

Keep up the good work :)

Syl said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! What a great way to start a vacation, as I was reading your post I thought that is something Peter would do!
You are always welcome to come over for a meal :-)

Unknown said...

That is awsome ! Congrats on your loss ! I never doubted you would make it for one minute ! Have a blast on your vacation !

Lorna said...

Yeah for you!! What a great feeling!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment!