I did however get two huge bowls of blackberries picked and frozen. Smoothies will be calling me!!!!
So far I've received the following challenges, all of which I intend to fully complete:
- Nikki has challenged me to eat up those veggies! I won't be buying a tray, but I will put in the effort and chop and whole bunch up on Saturday. My goal is to eat at least 4 different veggies (min. 1/2 cup each) each day this week.
- Kim has challenged me to add in an additional run this week, in the form of a speed workout. My plan is to do interval runs for a total of at least 3 miles. I may even do this one tonight!
- Syl (who thinks she is being gentle but is probably the meanest of them all) has challenged me to a vegetarian meal complete with recipe, pictures AND a picture of myself. Oh Syl, I'm gonna get you back! :)
- Fran has managed to find my little crux. As I told her earlier, I literally woke up this morning and thought of this challenge. My first thought was "Sh*#, I bet someone is gonna challenge me to do a Jillian workout!". Go check the e-mail and there is Fran's challenge. ERGH! But, I'll take you up on it. Fran has also challenged me to add in an extra run this week. I will take on her challenge AS WELL AS Nikki's. So that's two extra runs this week (total 4).
- Four runs including .... a long run (8-13 miles), a good effort 5K, interval run ~3 miles (for Kim!), and an easy, enjoyable run of whatever distance makes me smile (for Fran!).
- 3 strength workouts including ... 2 days of classes PLUS the
dreadedmuch anticipated Jillian Shred workout (for Fran)
- Veggies ... eat at least 4 different veggies (1/2 cup minimum) every day this week
- Vegetarian meal ... new recipe & photographed (gee, it didn't say anywhere in there that I actually had to eat it - hahhaa Syl, you need to be a little more specific *wink*)
- Updated picture of me .. yes, I'm fully aware that images of myself have been lacking from this blog. There is a reason. I don't like me these days. But I'll suck it up. Maybe get my daughter to practice some photography skills.
If I missed anything ladies let me know!
We actually have some real rain in the forecast this weekend. Boohoooooooo! :( I'm not looking forward to this. I want summer back, the whole thing. I want the warmer, drier weather. I want the longer days of daylight. I want the kids out of school. I want the impromptu trips to the beach or for gelato (even though they were VERY few and far between). I want the late nights sitting around a fire. I want it all! :( But, I guess if I had that all the time it wouldn't be special, it would be normal. So, instead I will try to find the positives in this next season and enjoy life as it is given to me.
Have a great weekend!
Good luck to Fran on her race this weekend. Hope you're feeling well.