And just because I am feeling extra super doodle nice today I am going to offer a gift to you. A gift of knowledge.
Here are a few things that I feel I have been struggling with. Please, by all means, do not feel you have to pick from this list. If you have something else in mind, or really want to grind it to me ..... bring it on. I'm actually probably more interested in whatever else you might come up with. It's on baby, and I LOVE a challenge! I'm very driven that way.
- Tracking - I am very lax on writing down everything I eat. My memory is pretty good with this stuff, but I know that ideally writing it down somewhere keeps me way more accountable.
- Strength workouts - I'm managing two times per week, but really would like to make the push to three. Although when I do have a day with a strength workout, I usually take two classes that day, but I only count it as one strength workout. What I'd like is three DAYS of strength workouts.
- Cookies, chips, candy, chocolate, pretzels, sweet coffee - my weaknesses! While I don't consume them every day, there is not a single week that goes by that I don't have at least a few of those.
- Veggies - Strangely enough I am lacking lately. I used to almost overdose on them, but lately I'm finding them to be a bit of an inconvenience (*aka- I'm LAZY!). Unless of course you count canned vegetable based soups ... which I do not. I know the best thing is the real deal, straight up.
- Running - I know ... something else I never really had a problem fitting in. And it's not for lack of exercise, kind of the opposite. I've been cycling to work most days lately, and taking some fitness classes. Which hasn't left a whole lot of time for running, but there is still room and I just haven't been making it a priority. Truthfully, the biking is NOT that hard. It's mostly downhill on the way to work, and while the ride home is a lot of uphill, it's been hot and/or I'm tired from work and I kind of mosey my way home - not really riding hard. So I could really be putting in some effort on a few good quality runs. Lately it's been a long run on the weekend and maybe a shorter run during the week. This is not sufficient to improve this area of my fitness which is very important to me.
So, there ya go .... kick my butt!