Friday, October 30, 2009

Anniversary & Visitors

Whoops, I missed our anniversary yesterday.  No, not our wedding anniversary, but the day that we met - October 29, 1988.  Officially we didn't start dating until October 31st though.  21 years (and one day) we've been together now.  Have I mentioned that I'm 36 ... we've been together since I was 15.  My son is 15 - what the heck????  Though I'm pretty safe in that area.

This was us a few months after we started dating (definite 80s hair):



This afternoon we have a couple of girls from Japan coming to stay with us for the next 5 days.  It's an exchange program at our school that they've been doing for 10 years.  Most people take in just one student, but we have the room so are able to take in 2 girls.

I'm a bit anxious about this and hope that they're going to have a good time.  The weather is supposed to be pretty awful this weekend too - blah!  I'm thinking we'll do some shopping, maybe bowling and/or swimming, take them to watch my son play soccer, and hopeful find something weather friendly to experience a bit of Halloween.

I have our menu planned out (mostly) and tonight we will be having pizza.  But no worries, I've mapped out my day and made adjustments to fit it in.

6 comments:

Syl said...

happy anniversary! You haven't aged a bit my friend :-)

skinny me! said...

Japanese kids are awesome. Don't worry, they will just love even sitting and practicing their english.

Missy said...

Ah happy birthday!! Enjoy your time with the girls - sounds like a fun experience!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary !!!! Looking at your pictures I am having total 80's flashbacks !!! You guys are so cute !

OldGoogleAccount said...

You two are adorable. Thank you for reassuring me about the pizza eating. I was worried you'd go HOG WILD!! (NOT!) LOL! Of course you planned for it. You're Heidi. :)

Happy Anniversary!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I love the pictures! Congratulations on such amazing dedication - thank you for being a role model in your relationship with your husband. Gives me something to look forward!