Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride is O-V-E-R

Did ya catch Biggest Loser last night???  OMG, did anyone else think that Sam is now a total hottie????  WOW, that boy looks good.  I don't say that about a lot of men, especially people on TV, but he looked great!  Best makeover of the night.  He has such a great personality too.  I'm so happy for him & Stephanie.  That's cool!

I wasn't going to share this next bit until I came across Darcy's most recent post.  I was hoping to get a couple weeks under my belt and then share ... but I think it will benefit me most to get this out there.  Stop being afraid of failure. 

Over the last few weeks I've hinted on and off that I was struggling.  After my disappointing first half in March I was really left feeling down.  I slacked on the workouts, then I started slacking on my eating as well.  I was already struggling with eating a bit before the half ... but afterwards it got worse.

This post is I think where I really started to make that first step back off that ledge.  It's been a HUGE, LONG step and it's been tough.  I had let it all unravel so fast and it has been quite the struggle to reel it back in.  I think I find it harder to repair and restart the engine than to get it started the very first time.

I spent weeks having do-overs.  Wake up with the greatest plans and let it fall apart by mid-day, or certainly before the day was up.    Eventually I turned back to counting Weight Watchers points (the most successful method for me) ... but that was slow to take hold too.  I spent a couple weeks counting .. in my head, but rarely ever writing things down.  Then there were the days I'd write it down, but it would get ugly and I'd not finish the day or I'd rip out the page to start fresh the next day.

The workouts were back in order by mid-April, but the eating was still an issue.

A week ago I finally called BULLSH&T!  Enough of this half-assing around.  Do I want to lose this last pudgy tummy roll or not?  Yes ... yes I do.  It HAS to come from my diet.  I can't put garbage in and expect diamonds.  I work too hard for this.

I don't even know exactly what my total damage was.  At some point in March I was 146.2, but I think that was a fleeting moment.  I've bounced between 147-149 regularly and it was becoming more and more on the higher end.  It definitely bounced up to over 151 at one point.  I was 143.6 last November so I had put on about 8 lbs!

Last Tuesday I finally wrote down my weight and since then I have gotten back to what works for me.  Every night I preplan my meals for the next day.  Every morning and night I get on that scale AND write down my weight ...although I only "count" my weekly weight.  EVERY day I write down what I've eaten and record the points.

The results ...
Apr 27 - 149.4
May 4  - 146.8

Loss - 2.6 lbs

I'm super happy with that.  Now I just have to keep the momentum up.  No fizzling after one successful week.  The roller coaster ride is O-V-E-R!

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

Ex Yo-Yo Dieter Debbie said...

Great post Heidi, and something I needed to read at this exact point in this whole journey!

The struggling sucks, but it is part of it...it is nipping it in the bud before it gets too out of hand that is key for me (and MUCH, MUCH easier said than done). I'm hoping to stay off that rollercoaster for a nice long while now. Enough waffling! It sounds like you are at the same place...and you lost weight!

I have to watch TBL one week behind everone else on Hulu.com, but I agree Sam has become a great looking guy. I don't know what the Stephanie reference was, as I am behind, but it sounds like they've started a relationship?

I can't wait to see their makeovers...all that bushy hair was getting pretty gross on a couple of the guys...

Michelle said...

Congratulations to you for getting off the roller coaster. I am kind of where you were a few weeks ago right now. Too much - I ran such and such miles, I deserve to eat this...Thanks for the motivation!

ajh said...

Great job!! I haven't weighed myself in awhile but the pants are feeling better. But this weekend we have a party and MOther's Day!!! It is so hard!!!

Lynsey said...

I'm in the same boat. I've got to get back at it. I was staring May 1st but then it turned to Mon then it turned to today! I did count all my cals from waking until dinner tonight so far for today so that's a step.

Congrats on the loss. I hope to see one this week too! It's been too long.

Missy said...

Holy crap lady - 2.6 in one week! I'm so jealous!!!! Great job. Looks like your body was just waiting for you to focus on your diet and it dropped the weight no problem.

Marcelle said...

How frustrating to have been there and now trying to get there again.
I have 6lbs to lose to get to my pre-holiday weight and find I'm doing what I should, but its harder this time having cut out all the diet foods with Aspartame in them...now.....groan....will get there but slower.

I'm pleased to read you ready to grab the bull by the horns and get going again...that weight is YOU...so get there and now.

Fran said...

I like this post, while reading it it made me start thinking about myself and by the end I thought: if Heidi can do it who's such a running inspiration to me and other blogger friends can do it, why can't I? I can do it just need to dust off my willpower.

So if you'll excuse me I'm going to do that right now.

I think you will do great this time!

Angela said...

Watching it now on the Tivo. Sam looks great. Love Koli's outfit too. Great job on the weight loss!!