Gotta say I love my Mom's idea of either quitting my job, or better yet, getting my boss to pay me to run. Hmmm, now to convince them to purchase a treadmill for my office!!!
* I ALWAYS run during my kids soccer practices. I used to sometimes run during their practices, now I ALWAYS do, without fail. It's too far from home to drive back, and not quite long enough a time to accomplish anything productive anyway. Plus, let's face it, I have no money for shopping. So ... may as well run. Usually this gives me a good 10-12 miles+ that I don't have to schedule.
* I have a running partner who is training for the Goofy Challenge in January. She needs to run at least one 18 miler and one 20 miler this month. I will accompany her.
* Hitting the 'mill'. I got caught a couple times last month when soccer practices got cancelled. Or my running partner couldn't make it. Instead of running by myself, I used the circumstances as an excuse. No excuses, as much as I prefer to run outdoors, I will hit the mill if necessary.
* Above point made ... I'm going to take a page out of Shelly's book. She recently posted about watching a movie on her laptop while on the dreadmill. What a great idea! I do not have a TV in my gym. I have a plain mocha brown wall with a clock on it, and an outdated stereo that refuses to play most home made CDs. But ... hubby has a laptop and I can steal it away if he's not working. I just need to find something high enough to plop it on and maybe I can catch a few flicks. With any luck I can download some shows that I've missed and catch up!!! Hmmm, an entire season of One Tree Hill, that's gotta be good for a bunch of miles.
* My plan is to have one long run (which will be between 16 & 20 miles), and then 3 to 5 runs of 3-7 miles each for an average weekly mileage of around 36 miles. If my LSD is 20 miles, that's only 16 miles to accomplish mid week. I can do that in 3 days if needed.
I have added a list on my sidebar to keep track of my progress. Like I said yesterday ... if you see me slacking/getting behind - Nag Me. Bribe Me. Beat Me. - whatever it takes.
Dec 1 - 9.1 miles run ... 147.8 to go!