Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good choices!

Yesterday I finally got myself organized and made a proper lunch in the morning before work. I've been kind of grabbing at whatever as I head out the door, then coming home over-hungry because I didn't pack things that were filling.

Plus, in the afternoon my husband called me to see if I wanted to meet him for dinner - for wing night - ACK! I told him I would come, but I was going to eat something healthier.

So, we went and everyone else had wings and deep fried calamari ... while I had a delicious bowl of steak & potato soup. I did have one salt & pepper chicken wing (which I squeezed out as much grease as I could with a napkin), but honestly it was gross. And instead of a diet pop (which I'll often have while out), I had water with lemon! Saving money and a healthier choice!!! I felt completely satisfied.

Then when I got home I prepared lunch for today. Ahhh ... feels so good to be organized.

Tonight I have to hit up the produce store as I'm out of fresh veggies. Then we're having steak & baked potatoes for dinner, with garlic broccoli I think. Also going to fit in a walk, a short soccer meeting & watch Biggest Loser tonight (while doing some push-ups & such during commercials). So far it's a great day!

2 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

WOW - you are so good! Sitting across from Calamari would have killed me! GOOD JOB!! Way to stay strong!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Do you read my blog every day? I hope you read tomorrow Heidi. It's very important to me that you read tomorrow. HINT HINT