Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thank You Prior Fat Girl!

I haven't gotten around to posting for a few days. Was a busy weekend and has been an unusually busy few days at work this week.

I wanted to give a big, huge THANK YOU to Jen at Prior Fat Girl. I won her contest last week to receive a Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 Cookbook. I'm SO excited and can't wait for it arrive. This weekend I was at Costco and they had the book there ($13.50 Cdn and it looks like it's worth every penny). I just quickly briefed through it, but I can't wait to try some recipes from there.

On Sunday I had the most amazing run! It's been quite a while since I've just run for the sake of running. I had no time goals in mind, didn't do anything training specific - like intervals, I just RAN! I chatted with my friends, I looked around at the scenery and didn't give a single thought to running. It felt SOOOO good!

Then this morning I woke up earlier than I normally do and felt fairly energetic. So I went downstairs and hit the treadmill for 5K. I'm not normally a morning exerciser, but that felt fantastic.

I'm struggling alot lately with tracking and eating more than I should be. I can't seem to track 2 days in a row at all lately and I'm eating even when not hungry (boredom maybe??). Feeding at least 5 adults and 2+ kids, we've been having more variety at dinner, and I know I'm taking more than I should be. I find even if I just take a little bit of each thing, it still adds up to alot more than what I've normally been eating. I need to limit my choices to just those foods that I really want. There's just no reason to have a bun when I'm alreay having pasta. And I don't need to eat chicken and pork just because there is 2 options. It's all in my control and I need to remember that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning the Hungry Girl Cookbook ! I have it and I have the first coolbook as well. The recipes are delicious and sooo simple ! Have fun with it !!!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I have the first book too and there are things with like 4 ingredients! SO EASY! Can't wait for you to get it! It is being shipped ground...

Good job on waking up early and doing the 5K!