Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hey ... that's me!!!

I found some photos today from the last run I did. How cool is that?!

Here's the start of the race. Can you find me? Ya, guess not - heeeheeee. I'm near the front of the picture in the red tank and black pants.

Photobucket

Then the next three are from the last kilometer. Most people only had one pic each, but somehow he took 3 of me. I have two theories. One is that he was waiting for me to smile, or even look in his direction. But at this point I was getting pretty burnt out and was really focusing on getting done. This is at about the point that I began chanting to myself to pick it up and finish strong. My other theory is that he felt sorry for me because the pics were so bad that he kept trying to get a good one - hahaha. The 2nd pic really isn't at all flattering - ugh. But who said running was pretty.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder if I always look down when I run, or if I was just trying to avoid contact (that's something I do). All I know is when I do this run next year I'm bringing different pants. I was SO hot! Apparently it was 13°C (55°F) during the run, which is quite a bit warmer than I've been running in for quite some time.

3 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

WOOHOO!!! I like the pictures! YOu're amazing, congrats again!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Heidi you look beautiful running! You are totally in your element!

Syl said...

Congrats Heidi! you look like a natural born runner!
how great that you were able to get pictures.