Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy 101

I'm at a loss of anything exciting in my world today to do with health or fitness.  Luckily, Jen @ Suck It Up Buttercup (I love that saying - hahaha) awarded me a Blog Award yesterday.  I just recently discovered Jen's blog.  While initially I was partially drawn to her just because I discovered early on that she lives in somewhat close proximity to my sister, and also her blog name is one of my favourite sayings ... I have come to very much enjoy her blog.  THANK YOU JEN!!!! 


The game is to list 10 things that make me happy: 
  1. Being relatively healthy and alive (always a bonus)
  2. Having the same for my family & friends .... and pets
  3. Watching my kids participate in their sports.  Especially my son in soccer because once he gets on that field he has such drive.  Having a competitive spirit myself I get that.  My daughter missed that competitive gene, though quietly, and self consciously, still always wants to do well.  I'm really going to miss this in a few years when they've outgrown youth sports.
  4. A wicked trail run, in perfect weather (slightly cool with full sun), with a few good friends and/or my hubby.  Even moreso when it feels effortless, like floating on wind.
  5. A great cup of tea
  6. Chatting with friends and laughing over the stupidest things imaginable
  7. Accomplishing a goal
  8. Inspiring others
  9. Baking ... I really do love it - if I could just keep myself from eating it I would do it way more often
  10. Money!  Yes, it does make me happy.  Or perhaps the lack of it makes me sad.
I'm supposed to pass this along to 10 people .. but I don't know, I think I may be one of the last to receive it (I'm so popular, hahahaha, not!).  If you haven't received this, or just wanna do it again, go right on ahead and consider yourself awarded.  ETA:  I decided to make a list anyways because I was feeling all warm and fuzzy.  Not all my bloggy faves are on this list (so if you're not on here don't read into it).  Some are new blogs I want to share, and some I have something specific I wanna say to them.  In no particular order ...
  1. Jamie @ Sweaty Hugs - She has just completed her first half marathon and has a smile that ALWAYS makes me smile
  2. Aneta @ Confessions of A Rambunctious Runner - Aneta is currently training for her first full marathon and I love her honesty about the process along the way.  (Aneta, read the next line)
  3. Linz @ Destination 26.2 - Linz is also training for her first full.  These two ladies (Linz & Aneta), pretty much single handledly have inspired me the most to seriously (SERIOUSLY) consider taking this next step.  They have showed me that I (and many of us) can do this if we want to.  They are normal people.  They haven't run a bazillion and one marathons.  They don't run 6000 miles a day.  They haven't been running since the day they were born.  The have lifestyles I can relate to.  I find both of their blogs very inspiring and REAL!  Thanks you two!!!
  4. Fran @ Dutch Girl Gets Healthy - This lady, from across the world, has the cutest puppy and is working her way towards a half marathon, plus a multitude of races along the way.  She writes her blog in english, even though that is NOT her native language - which I often forget because her english is often better than mine.
  5. Marcelle @ Marcy's Weight Loss Journey - You want inspiration ... go here!  When you look up determination and dedication in the dictionary this pretty lady's picture is right there beside it.  Hottest Grandma/Nana I know!
  6. Marlene @ Mission to a(nother) Marathon - I wanna be Marlene's running buddy.  Heck, I think I just wanna be Marlene.  Even though she is a mega blogger with a massive reader list, she often comments on my blog and makes me feel uber-special.
  7. Darci @ My Road To Weight Loss - the cutest blogger ever!  Actually, combined with her husband, the cutest couple ever.  All (adorable) smiles, all positive and I love her foodie posts because they're nice simple foods that I would typically eat.  She gives me lots of ideas because that's the way I prefer to eat.
  8. Shelly @ It's Just One Foot in Front of the Other - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  This mother of three well spred out in age kids is incredible.  She is currently on a running streak of something like 130 days straight, mostly while pushing a stroller.  That aside though, this is one of the most positive bloggers ever.  I've just recently discovered this blog and I love it!
  9. Nej @ I Think I Can, I Think I Can - this girl is funny.  I don't know if this is her intention, but her posts almost always give me a giggle or two.  It's like her internal thoughts just spew out into her blog.  Plus she tends to leave me comments for a week (or more) worth of posts all in one day.  Keeps me on my toes remembering what I posted - ahha.
  10. Syl @ Live Smile Run - OK, yeah I know, Syl has probably gotten this award from almost every blogger on the planet.  But no bloggy award list is complete without my BBB (bestest bloggy buddy).
I did NOT get a workout in yesterday.  It was just one of those days where I literally flew in the house after work, cooked dinner in 15 minutes or less and then played taxi, manager and cheerleader all night long.  The best I could have gotten was 10 minutes on the track in the rain, and yeah, I just opted not to yesterday.

Tonight however is looking absolutely ideal for a pretty decent run AND a workout!

Keep Active!

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you for the kind words Heidi & the award! I am so glad that our stories have inspired you in your running.

And you know, some days are better left as rest day. I'm trying to tell myself that rest is a-okay! :)

Syl said...

Heidi, love ya girl!

Fran said...

Thank you so much Heidi, very sweet of you.
I think I've got this award too before but didn't do anything with it, but I will now.

And about the English: I don't think I'm better at it than you. My dictionary is always close by to look up words :)

Did you enjoy your run?

jamie@sweatyhugs said...

Oh my! Thank you so much for the award Heidi! You are too kind. :)

Nej said...

Yay! A giggle (or two) a day keeps the doctor away.....or something like that. :-)

Thanks sooooo much for the award, and all the bloggy praise!

Marlene said...

Awwww thank you so much for the blog love! I received this award and posted my 10 things just a little while ago, but I really do appreciate it! And heck, I would love to be your running buddy too!

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
this made me smile!

Kyle and Darci said...

Heidi!!!! You are too sweet!! :) Thank you very much!!