Wed - 4 miles at the track including running stairs. Wasn't really feeling it and couldn't face speedwork. Had good company though and enjoyed myself which is always #1 mission.
Thu - 5 miles through a subdivision. Got to see another cool filming set. No idea what they're filming. That kills me because I'm super nosey (it's a genetic disorder). Whatever it was it's Halloween themed based upon the overkill decorations. OK, really I'm jealous. I want them to come decorate my house like that!
The rain is definitely coming in this weekend (BOO!). Starting pretty heavy tonight and expecting 50 mm (almost 2 inches!!!) tomorrow. Oh well, I still plan to be out in it. My plans this weekend include:
- Possibly swimming tonight! REALLY? I'm not a swimming kind of girl, but I'm being talked into trying it as a workout. Grrr, hahaha, we'll see how it goes. I know it's a good, effective workout, I just don't think it's my thing. I'll give it an honest shot anyway.
- Tackling this beast - the Grouse Grind. I'm not aiming for any time goals this time. After doing it in 50 minutes last year, I'm satisfied with that for now. The people I'm going with aren't quite as fit as me and I'll probably just hang with them and enjoy it. I REALLY hope we don't get the rain they are calling for. That would be nasty. Maybe it will hold of just half a day longer - puh-lease!!!
- Hopefully finally getting those fall decorations up. It's been all work & play lately, which I'm not complaining about, but a few decorations would make me happy. Here's a few from my MIL, who lives next door. Her display is way nicer than mine will be, but at least I can enjoy it whenever I want.
- Greeting a friend and her daughters from Germany who are coming to stay with us for a couple weeks. Last time she was here was just after my daughter was born and I hadn't lost an ounce of baby weight. In the often typical German way, she commented on my weight increase (and to be fair hers too as she had recently had a baby as well). I shouldn't be, but I admit that I'm a little anxious of what she might say this time. There are a few people in my life who ALWAYS comment on my weight - up or down. Even when I'm feeling good about myself I get a bit anxious wondering what they will come up with. Usually it's not in a rude way, it's just they are very observant and open. They're just always the first to notice change.
- Having a massive Turkey dinner - YUM! We're cooking two birds - a 15 lb and a 20 lb. for about 14-18 people. I ♥ a roast turkey and would enjoy one at least once a month, or more. My family however isn't in to it so much. Boo! I always skip things like potatoes because there are so many other, healthier choices to choose from. My one big indulgence is cheese sauce, which I make with 1% milk and no more than 1 tsp of butter. I spice it up with cayenne & black pepper, paprika and a bit of lemon juice. MmmMmmmMmmmmmmm!!!!!!
- Running a race! My friend had an extra entry and is taking me along. YIPPEE! It's a 10K and I don't expect to PR. This is probably the first race that I don't have any goals set for. I just want to have fun.
Have a great one!