Friday, November 5, 2010

Weekly Goal Review - Nov 5th

It may only be 5 days into the month, but I want to review my goals for the month on a weekly basis to be sure I'm on target.

WEEKLY GOAL REVIEW

Swimming

Swam 3 sets x 10 laps (there and back) yesterday in the pool.  1500 Meters???   I'm estimating about 35-40 minutes actually swimming time with breaks for water and to catch my breath in between.  The swimming is coming easier now and I'm eager to build on my endurance.  A few weeks ago swimming 3 full laps in a row left me completely winded.  I'm learning to pace myself better and the strokes are getting smoother.  I'm also not swallowing half the pool like I did the first time.

Basic Exercises

Technically I'm behind 2 days.  However, I didn't set-up this goal until the 3rd, so I'm just missing the days prior to setting this goal.  I will do 2 double sets this week to make up for it.  I will have 30 sets of this by month end.

Hill/Interval Training

Tried out a new trail Wednesday night.  I've ran small parts of it before, but not this particular route.  It was good, and nice to try something different ... but muddy!  I only have one good pair of running shoes and now they are looking pretty dirty.  Boo!  It was very hilly though, so I'm counting it as my hill training for the week - even though it was really proper hill repeats.  My arse definitely felt the hills though, so I'd say it was effective.

Took along the shepherd and she was very, very good.  I will be bringing her along more often now.  Often my excuse for not taking her is because I normally drive a car, and the dog kennel is too big to fit in it and I really don't want a big, dirty dog all over my seats.  I've been driving the truck this week so was able to put her kennel in the box.  But I think I might find a sheet to cover the seats in my car and see how she does.  I will make sure to have someone in the car with me the first time in case she gets too hyper.  She loves coming along so much and doesn't get out and about enough.  I know she loves it, so I'm going to find a way to make this work.

Tempo Run

Today I want to do a 5-6 mile tempo run.  Had planned to do it last night, but business called and then laziness set in.  I have time for it today, although it will be a damp one. Boo!

Mileage Build-up

This weekend it's the big 1-4!  Longest distance to date!!  Would it be too much to ask for another few hour break from the rain that seems to have found us again?  For all the rain we anticipated, I have been super lucky lately not to get stuck in it.

So ... all is on target so far.

Have a Great Weekend

Keep Active!

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

10 comments:

Syl said...

I love how you are reviewing your goals weekly. But girl you make me tired ;-).
Have a great weekend!

Marlene said...

Awesoe job on the swimming, trail/hill work and tempo run! Good luck on the 14 miler! WOOHOO for new distance milestones!

Nej said...

I am living vicariously through your target reaching!!! Swimming, new trails, record mileage! Rock on!!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice workout!!! i wish i could swim! swim for me one day :)

have fun on the 14 miler wooohooooooo

Jeff said...

Woo hoo 14 miles!!! Your killin' your goals, keep it up :)

Fran said...

I love this!

We're supposed to have a lot of rain this weekend too so I guess I'm going to be wet too. So you're not alone in this.

Funny how you inspire me a lot. After reading your daily exercises I made a note that I have to look into my schedule this weekend where I can do some abs exercises.

As for the swimming as a kid I loved to swim but haven't done it in years. My gym has a pool I can use but never done it. It's going on my to do list for some day.

Tricia said...

love the goal review, have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the 14 miler. How exciting!!! And I absolutely love finding new trails. I found one close to my house that was dirt have never been so happy to not run on pavement. :)

kimert said...

Graet goals!! Good luck with your 14!!! Have an awesome weekend. :)

Alicia said...

14 miles?! That's awesome, Heidi! Good luck!

Tempo runs are always the toughest for me. I can talk myself into making it shorter or skipping it altogether pretty easily.