Friday, January 14, 2011

Jello

Today's post is brought to you by an old forgotten favourite sweet snack.


Mmmmm ... jello!  Or more specifically ....


Jello and light whip cream!

Last night I was still being beaten down by the sleep deprivation and chose to skip my run for the night and go to bed early.  But FIRST ... I decided to plan ahead and make a little sweet snack that I could have in moderation.  Four 1/2 cup containers, plus extra for the fam.  This is the full strength stuff - no aspartame crap for me!

I'm thinking maybe I need to stop worrying about the fact that I eat something sweet EVERY day.  Trying to avoid it just leads to me seeking it out, and usually eating more than I should.  Instead I just need to plan for it and just have it each day and enjoy it.  No guilt!

What's your favourite healthy sweet snack?

BLOGGY GIVEAWAY:  Run Like A Mother Book @ Just Another Mom on the Run

Keep Active!

Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥


16 comments:

Nej said...

I'll do the same thing, but with pudding!!!!!! :-)

Marcelle said...

Am not a jello fan but love the German Vanilla Quark...but with the sugar stuff, I not eating it :(

Anonymous said...

yummmmm
my fave snack is a spoonfull of nutella! hahha

*hey, im able to comment today. haha. im happy. i dont know what happens sometimes, but i cant post a comment. i have witty things to say sometimes and cant express them. so i am using this opportunity to send you the longest comment in all of comment history. hhahaha

-sucks that u couldnt sleep the other day. i hope u get lots of rest this weekend
-sugar my enemy these days. i am trying to cut a lot of sugar out but i keep on craving it.
-yay for half marathon training. march is just around the corner!!!

have a great weekend heidi!

Moi said...

New one for me...apples and peanut butter, yummo!

Syl said...

I love sticking a 60 calorie cup of chocolate pudding in the freezer, then when it's frozen, let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes. It is my favorite snack of all time, it's like eating icecream without the guilt!

Marlene said...

I think it's perfectly healthy to allow for something sweet every day. When I deprive myself, I end up making up for it (and over-compensating) on other things. I love a hot chocolate at night in the winter!

kimert said...

Oh man I haven't had jello in forever! I love it with light cool whip. Yum!
Thanks for posting about the giveaway! :)

Katie said...

I have something sweet everyday and it is usually not that healthy, but I only have a bit. Like a piece of chocolate. I think the last time I had jello, it was in the form of a shot :D oops

Lori Lynn said...

I love the VitaBrownie's and Vitatop's. I will also have the individual servings of Skinny Cow ice cream- fudge brownie is my favorite!

Blubeari said...

Vitatops and Clemantines. Cuties are crazy good at stopping my sweet tooth somehow!

ajh said...

I like the low cal puddings especially the caramel one.

Q said...

Oh yum, I just made jello recently too! My favourite healthy sweet snack is chocolate frozen yogourt.

Terri said...

I love SF jello with light whipped cream. Oh, and frozen yogurt - yum! I made my own last year and it was fabulous! :)

Fran said...

Would you believe it if I said I never had jello in my life?

I never eat aspartame sweets, they just don't taste that good. I prefer the real stuff but eat less of it.

Favorite snack but not healthy: very dark chocolate with little crips of caramel in it.

Anonymous said...

JELLLO!! Love this! I started eating a juicy orange when I get sweet cravings and it has helped a lot. I know it's not as good as chocolate but it has helped me.

Missy said...

Jello does make for a tasty, low-cal, sweet treat! Good idea!