- Met up with my sister and her family for a short visit. Got mistaken for her daughter (ahhaha, sorry sis, but if it were you, you'd share the story too). The woman may have been straight out of the looney bin, but I'm going with it. Gee, denied purchasing beer last week, mistaken for my sisters daughter this week. Not so bad!
- Did some yard/barn clean-up. Looks SO much better out there. We're on acreage and things can get cluttered up pretty easily. Had a nice bon fire in the evening with all the scraps and bits.
- Had a nice visit with a friend I haven't seen in weeks. We were supposed to go for a walk, but the timing didn't work out (darn kids). Instead went for a trail walk with my daughter and her bf. Took along my little dog and the big dog. Nice day and great to get out in the fresh air.
- Made wonton soup .... from scratch, and rocked it! So easy to make, and tastes so much better than you get in a restaurant, and cheaper to boot. I don't know why it's often oily when you order it, mine wasn't at all. A little time consuming, but kind of fun. You make a bunch of wontons (I did 200) and freeze the extra.
- Ran 6.2 miles in the pouring rain. On my own I probably would have not gone, however I made plans with friends I haven't seen in a while. They called me to say they were running late. I can't say that I wasn't hoping they would cancel. No such luck! It was not wonderful, but I am glad I got it done. Walked all the hills and ran probably the slowest pace I've ever run on that distance. But my hamstring feels fine so I guess I did everything right. Will build up slowly again like this and hope to strengthen it without causing further injury.
- The run however completely zapped my energy. Came home, had a hot shower and fell hard asleep for a couple hours. Even after that I was very low energy and only got a few minimal things done around the house. The day was shot. Hopefully that will improve again soon. Not sure if it was entirely the run, or also weather and a bunch of other circumstances. I hope it wasn't just the run. But, even if it was, I know the more I get out the better it will be.