Thursday, February 4, 2010

Visit my gym

This post is brought to you by a fast 2 mile run (16 minutes) on the treadmill and a little bit of weights.

IMG_5455IMG_5459 IMG_5460  IMG_5456

My, oh my ... where has my head been? Yesterday I:

1) Drove past my road and had to go around the block to get home.

2) Took my daughter to McD's and paid at the first window, then just drove off.  I had to back up to get her order.  You should have seen the look she gave me.  Of course, being 13 it's all about her and how mortified she was by my actions.  The guy in the window just laughed and said it happens all the time. and the big kicker ....

3) I realized I would have gone to the WRONG RACE this weekend!!! ACCCKKKKK - now that's a problem!

IMG_5438I've been sort of nagging my sister in law to join me in the race this weekend.  She is so not a runner, but she does like to exercise, especially outdoors, so I thought maybe she'd join.  It's a no-go, but she was asking me details about it.  And just to make sure I got the time right (Yeah, so not my problem here!) I double checked the website.  Only to discover I've been planning to go to the wrong race.

IMG_5451I have a race scheduled for this weekend (Feb 7th)  and two weeks after that (Feb 28th).  I thought this weekend was the 8K and the following was the 10K, but nooooo, I'd reversed them!  Having the distance wrong is a minor problem .. but the wrong location would have been disasterous as I never would have made it from one location to the other in time.

Phewf!  Thank goodness for finding this out in time! 

IMG_5442 Last night I had another session with the Dr.  My ankle feels 99% and my hip is up to about 75%.  If I sit still too long the hip gets tight, but it is improving.  He said 1, maybe 2, more sessions and I should be done.  I don't really know exactly what he's doing but it seems to be working.

After that I had to go into town to drop off my daughter, so I decided to hit up the track.  I ran 4 miles in 33:45 (8:26/mile).  I'm pretty happy with that.  Hopefully I can be around this range for my race this weekend - though I expect a bit slower due to hills and terrain.

IMG_5444 Also got my fruits & veggies so today has been a much better day nutritionally. 

Breakfast - Oatmeal with flax seed, peanut butter and Kashi Go Lean Crunch (this was an awesome addition for a little crunchy texture)

Lunch - Hummus Sandwich on whole wheat thin bread & a large container of mixed veggies with Sabra Chipotle Hummus.  YUM YUM YUM.  I have a large container of hummus I need to use up shortly, which is just fine because I love it.

Dinner - 1 c. Smart Penne Pasta, 1/4 cup jarred Alfredo sauce, 2 oz. grilled chicken, 2 cups broccoli, carrots & red pepper

Dessert - 1 square Lindt Chili Chocolate

I had planned to have a cup of milk tonight but I'm feeling quite full and really just wanted water.

Now to just keep this up.....

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!!
Heidi
♥♥♥♥♥

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome pictures! Great job on the 2 mile run!

ajh said...

Laughed at the wrong race story. Mine is slightly different. A year ago I registered for a race I thought was one place but it was actually in a completely different town on the other side of the state.We are talking NH so it could have been worse but my daughter and I drove almost 4 hours to race a 5K in the coldest temps I have raced in. Believe me she let me know about that. (She is 25 so it was more good natured but I remember those 13 year old times.) We still laugh about it but it was all good as we both got age group awards and did a little post race shopping at the Maine outlets.

Marcelle said...

Look at you.....wow weeeeeeee the machine...loved this entry seeing you train, running - pounding that treadmill...pushing the weights..
Your meals are awesome....well done.

OldGoogleAccount said...

1. Haha, you're old. Your mind is going. I can only say this because the exact same thing is happening to me. At least you're not running red lights because when you first turned the corner and headed toward the intersection the light was green. Who does that??

2. I'm so jealous of your home gym I could spit nails (and on a side note, where the hell did that expression come from? Who spits nails??)

3. You whose smokin in the green workout shirt!

4. Lindt Chili Chocolate is a little piece of heaven.

Love this post!

Manderz said...

I LOLd when I read about McDs. I am jealous of your gym! WTG on those speedy miles and I'm glad you figured out the race situation.

PS - Thanks for the advice on crunches!

Alicia said...

Yum, lindt chili chocolate. Great menu yesterday! I'm liking the idea of the cereal in the oatmeal. I'm a texture girl and love a little crunch in pretty much everything.

Fun pics! And the McD's story made me laugh out loud. Too funny! (And I can totally relate too those "missing brain cells" kind of days!)

Syl said...

you look so great working out and I'm so jealous of your weight lifting, I'm up to 5 pounds and tried the 15's and almost died! I'm working on it though :-) hopefully one day my arms will be strong, that's my weak spot!
Have a great weekend my friend!

oh and to funny about the drive thru!

Fran said...

What a great gym you have at home!

Susan (All Things In Moderation) said...

Your home gym makes mine look pitiful! Wow! It is amazing!