Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I hate the scale - hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it!!! GRRRRRRR!!!! Did I mention that I hate it? It's evil & nasty. They should install one in every prison cell just to drive the inmates crazy. ERGH!

I KNOW that daily weighing results in fluctuations, I'm OK with that. It does NOT derail me. But sometimes they just plain don't make sense.

Yesterday I ran in the morning outside, did some strength moves in the afternoon during commercial breaks, then in the evening I did a Bodysculpt class, lifted some weights and ran again. I drank lots of water. I ate very cleanly. And what do I wake up to this morning ... a 2.4 gain from the day before. ARGH - I just want to bang my head against the wall. How on earth can that be? I just know it better be gone - and soon - because I just won't stand for this!!! :)

I did however pull out the measuring tape today because I thought if I'm doing all this work and not seeing any change on the scale I darn well better be seeing some on the tape. At least I have a teensy bit of good news there as I did see 1/2" off my waist, 1" from under my bust and 1 1/2" over my bust. Though zippo from my belly, hips or thighs - which is where I'd really prefer to lose it. Hopefully that will come next. This is over the last 3 weeks so I guess I should be happy.

They say muscle weighs more than fat and that when you're putting on muscle your weight may not change - but they also say you only really put on a couple pounds of muscle. If that's the case then I must not be losing much fat and just putting on muscle - which also doesn't make sense to me.

All this said ... I'm not going to stop doing what I'm doing. I love exercising. I love the way it makes me feel. I know that I'm getting so many benefits from it - better skin, better immunity, more energy, more positive attitude about life and all that other good stuff. Same with my diet, I know it's healthy and I can feel the benefits from the changes I've adopted and I love that. So quitting is NOT in my agenda, even if the scale never budges. That doesn't mean I can't get frustrated from time to time though.

No comments: