Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just got home from dinner out with some friends to celebrate a birthday. It went pretty good. I did have some of an appetizer that I didn't plan on having, but I paid attention to have a reasonable portion and not just gobble it up. Then ... and this I'm REALLY proud of .... I cut my meal directly in half and only ate half. Had the rest boxed up which I brought home and gave to my MIL. It was a spicy breaded chicken burger and fries, so not healthy, but I had it in an OK portion. I'm actually glad that my MIL ate the rest because I was already satisfied and really didn't need the leftovers. And I actually feel very full still (a couple hours after eating). I'm so glad I didn't eat more or I would have felt horrible right now.

Also did the wall sit today and got 2 min 30 sec. I really wanted to do a bit more but I'll work on that over this challenge and I WILL improve. For some people this would be a really good time, but I know I have pretty strong legs, and probably even stronger will & determination. I'm quite competitive with myself that way. Didn't help that I did it with socks on and my feet were slipping away from me. But to be honest I don't think that made too much of a difference really.

Also attempted to do the push-ups but my dog and one of MILs decided I looked like I was having too much fun without them and so they started to run around and roll underneath me. I got to 12 but had to keep pausing to wait until they ran out from under me and then they started licking my face and I couldn't stop laughing. So I abandoned that for now and will do it another time when I don't have little rodents underfoot. Figured under the current circumstances there was no use trying the plank either. :)

No comments: