Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to normal .....

Life is back to "normal".  I'm back to work, the kids are back to school, their sports are back this week.  But I'm also back in training and eating better.

As predicted, that weight workout kicked my butt ... or should I say my arms.  Owie!  Actually I overdid it with one move and I have a little injury on my triceps (right is quite bad, left is bareable).  It makes lifting my tea mug and answering the phone at work rather difficult.  I'm going to let it fully heal and lower my weight a bit on that move for the next round.

Sunday night I ran 5 Km on the treadmill in 26 minutes (7.15 mph).  I started off pretty slow so really had to push hard at the end to make that time.  But that's about the pace I need to be to reach the goal I set for my next race.  Actually, I need to be at a slightly faster pace because those hills will knock it down a bit.  I'm going to train at 7.5mph on my treadmill runs for the next few weeks and if I get a chance I need to do some hill training too.

Monday night I again ran 5Km on the treadmill, but this time in 24:30 (7.6 mph) - wooohooo.  Though I had to stop at about 10 minutes in and go find a hair clip because my bangs were driving me insane.  So I can't really call that a true 5K time.

Today I'm taking a rest day, then lower body weights tomorrow and back to running again on Thursday.  My weight is up a bit from the other day and I'm guessing it has to do with muscle recovery and all that junk.  I'm not worrying about it because I know it'll only go down from here. 

Had a fairly good food day today.  It's REALLY hard when you've been eating junk to get away from it.  It just calls your name.  Today I've had:

Breakfast - 4 eggs whites cooked in 1 tsp olive oil, 2 slices Body Wise bread, 1 T light Peanut Butter
Lunch - 2 slices Body Wise bread, 3 slices turkey deli meat, 2 T Sabra Chipotle Hummus, green leaf lettuce and an apple
Afternoon Snack - 1 pkg. Motts Fruitsations
Dinner - Crockpot Chicken with carrots, 1/2 small potato &1/2 garlic bun



Evening Snack - 1/2 c. FF plain yoghurt, 1 banana, drizzle chocolate sauce & 1 T walnuts

About 1500 calories for the day

Over Christmas, Costco had a sale on Sabra Chipotle Hummus.  I got two huge tubs for I think about $6.  And ... lucky me ... no one else in the house likes it.  I think I could live on this stuff alone.  SOOOO good, and a real nice kick to it.  I could eat it straight off a spoon.

6 comments:

Gina said...

Mmmm, that chicken looks tasty! That is a pretty good menu for only 1500 calories...nice work!

Susan (All Things In Moderation) said...

That's a great start ! As much as I love having time off, I am [almost] looking forward to getting back in the old routine again! It is easier to get my workouts and meals in when I am on a schedule ! I know I sound like an old woman stuck in my ways ......but it is what it is!

Marcelle said...

I hate reading all about your running as I find I miss it and want to get going with mine again but know i need to recover in my head but so impatient.
So next time you run, please do that 5kl for me...then let me know, that way I will feel I too have done some running.
My hubby is still on leave so life will get back to * normal * for me from next week.
Keep up the good work, you are one blogger that motivates me.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

ah yes, back to normal it is huh?! Your doing great!

Syl said...

welcome back my friend!
Sucks about the flights although I was just giving you a hard time
But June for sure I will meet you, I'm going to request it as my birthday present! and you know that I can just do a pouty face and get anything I want :-) shhhhh it's our little secret!

Fran said...

Great that you're back on track and I love the food, it looks delicious!