Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Need New Shoes!

Lately I've been having some trouble with my right foot. Since my last running race it's been bugging me and I at first thought maybe I had just pushed it too hard, or maybe I'd twisted my ankle a bit on some loose gravel or something. Then I began to worry that I had a bigger problem than a minor strain. The inside of my right arch was hurting, alot, and the outside of my right heel (along the achilles kind of) was feeling strained, then I felt some pain on the inside of my right knee. Hmmm, that all makes sense alignment wise. I do have a tendency to roll my feet inwards.

So I went out and bought a pair of insoles from the store with some arch support - but they felt so awkward that I took them out, I knew there was no way I could hard core workout with them in.

I was even too sore to go in another race last weekend (10Km) that I had REALLY been looking forward to.

But ... thanks to this blog .... I was looking back through some older posts (looking for my mojo) and I realized that I've had these runners for 6 months already - and they have an awful lot of miles on them. DUH! Friends had asked about my runners and while I knew I'd had them a while, I figured it was like 3, MAYBE 4 months. I'm so bad for that kind of thing. I wear my monthly disposable contacts for 3-4 months. If you're supposed to do something on a regular basis I just lose track of time and it flies by.

So, even though I shouldn't spend the money, I'm going to get a new pair of runners PDQ! I'm not willing to risk injury. I just wish they were on sale right now :(.

No comments: