Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let the healing begin

Tried out my new running shoes on the treadmill last night. I'm happy to report that they are very comfy and didn't feel like "new" shoes. I don't believe there should be a break in period with new shoes and these fit the bill.


However, I think the time is coming that I need to take some downtime and let my foot heal. It's getting progressively worse and while these new shoes should help the problem, I think I have to heal first. I could only run for 20 min last night and then I switched to the elliptical, which also hurt for a couple minutes but then was fine. I HATE to scale back on running. I enjoy it and really it's so convenient. I don't have to worry about weather or time or expense or anything - I just go. Swimming isn't an option, and with the rain this week I'm not interested in biking. And I really don't want to just completely take time off. I suppose I could just focus on weights for a week to at least keep active. Sigh......


Today's meal plan....


Breakfast - Red River Cereal

Lunch - Raw Veggies (Carrots, Celery & Cucumber ) & Asian Noodle Salad

Afternoon Snack - Banana & Yoghurt replaced with Almond Butter, a few pretzels, 1 oreo type cookie and 4 jube jubes

Dinner - Almond Butter and strawberries on a small La Tortilla Factory wrap (having a light dinner before bootcamp) replaced with a piece of breaded sole

Post Workout - Yoghurt & Berry Protein Smoothie

Points 21

Exercise - 60 min bootcamp (but I may walk during the beginning run to take it easy on my foot) All of Level 2 and 1/2 of Level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

1 comment:

Syl said...

That sucks Heidi! But I think taking a little break will do wonders.
I haven't ran in a day and i'm already getting antsy!
You'll be healed in no time.