Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sometimes a 2nd impression makes all the difference

Last week I blogged (here) about a woman who came out with my bootcamp instructor and I did not like her. She came out to watch as there was a possiblity that she might substitute once in a while. I predicted that if she came back I was going to butt heads with her.

Well .... last night she came out. My regular instructor went on a date night with her husband for his birthday. And guess what ....

I loved the class!!!!!! She was awesome!

That first time she came out she was all hard nosed Miss Tough Girl without a heart. But last night she was fantastic. She IS tough, but she's also smart & fun. I sweated WAY more than normal and I loved every second of it.

She mixed up cardio and strength moves so fast you didn't realize which you were doing because your heart never stopped pounding. I loved it!!! The only thing I didn't love was she had us do jumping jacks between sets while we waited for the others to finish and catch up and, well..... being a Mom, jumping jacks for prolonged periods are tough (if you've had a baby you know what I mean). Also, it was really irritating my sore foot - so I just substituded with high knee runs on the spot. I think that accomplished the same thing.

I didn't 100% stick to my eating plan yesterday, made a couple minor changes, but also was quite hungry after class so I went a bit higher on points - 26.

Today's plan:

Breakfast - Oatmeal & grapefruit
Lunch - raw veggies & hummus, ham wrap sandwich on a La Tortilla Factory hi fibre wrap, and Broccoli Soup
Snack - Yoghurt w/Vector cereal
Dinner - Crunchy Tilapia with coleslaw (homemade oil/vinegar dressing) & mashed potatoes

Total points - 22

Exercise - I'm going to give my foot a bit of a rest and do the elliptical and some weights tonight

No comments: