Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Today my husband and I have officially been "together" for 20 years. We met Oct 27th at my high school dance when I was 15 and he was 19. We both liked to jive dance (odd but it was kind of the thing at school at the time) and we were both good. My (male) friend/dance partner had asked him to show us some moves and we were really good together so he asked me to a dance that weekend - neither of us had interest in dating the other. But we went to the dance, had alot of fun, a few slow dances ... and here we are 20 years later! Hard to believe that much time has passed.

Got my bread all made last night - 6 loaves! Baked two - sliced one for eating this week and just wrapped up the other. The other 4 I packaged up and put in the freezer. Except ... in the middle of the night it suddenly dawned on me why I should have shapped them approximately into a loaf before I froze them. But I packaged them flat, so maybe have to make them into buns or something after I defrost. I'm really getting into this make ahead cooking, though I'm far from organized with it yet.

Did a nice walk with the german shepherd Heike last night. Sure is different taking such a big dog - when she sees something that piques her interest I really have to hang on! But she loves to get out and I'm glad to take her.

No comments: