Monday, October 27, 2008

What a crazy weekend. Felt like I never stopped doing something and it's actually hard to remember everything I did and everyone I saw - haha. I think that's a good thing.

I made bread this weekend, which I haven't done in a long time. A friend of mine, who is also in a financial crunch, said she's been doing that for a while and I thought it was a great idea. It wasn't the healthiest recipe, it was kind of a halfway healthy recipe with oats and some whole wheat flour - but the family liked it. I'm going to seek out some better recipes though and can always make different types. I'd like to freeze some dough and then when you want it you just take it out and leave it in the fridge and I can bake it to have with dinner.

Went to the Women's Show Saturday night. Been going for years and it's always a good time - though I think next time I'll go on Friday like I normally do because the freebies are SO much better. Ran into an old friend who's son went to school/soccer with my son when they were little. He's a firefighter and was part of the firefighter calendar fashion show they had there. So that was pretty cool seeing someone I know doing that.

Also, they had a TOPS booth at the show and I spent a couple minutes talking to the lady there. She gave me some good info but seriously they need to find someone a little more inspiring to man their booth. And when I mentioned that I was thinking of going to my friend that was with me she completely surprised me and said she would be interested in checking it out too. I didn't expect that as I've never really witnessed this friend being interested particularily in health/nutrition/weight loss. So I mentioned it to another friend the next day and she too may be interested. In a way I'm happy these ladies want to come along, but I also had kind of wanted to go into this on my own to get started. Not sure how to explain that - I like the idea of going with friends, but I guess I wanted it to be just about me and not feel like a group activity. The group things are great, but sometimes I feel that if your friends drop off it's almost harder to keep going. Anyhow, I'm happy for them that they want to try this too. I have to phone the lady about it today.

Sunday morning I went out with my "running" group, except I walked with two other ladies this week. I just didn't have it in me to run this weekend and really enjoyed our walk. We went on a different trail and it was quite hilly - also quite slippery and lots of things to trip over so I'm glad I walked.

Sorted out some things with that friendship I ended and stayed up really late writing her back on Saturday night (which will leave me tired for a few days). People have said I'll feel better once it's behind me. Part of me does feel better for getting it out, but it's never nice to end a friendship. Even though I can't be friends with her doesn't mean that I wanted to hurt her feelings - which how do you not when you're telling someone you don't want to be friends with them anymore.

No comments: