Trying this recipe tonight. It was on my work computer and I figured this was the best way to get access to it for when I get home :).
ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
8 oz. pasta (uncooked)
2 cups mixed vegetables (Broccoli, Red Pepper, Sugar Snap Peas, Baby Corn, Mushrooms, Red Onion, Celery, Carrots….)
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil (separated)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted. Remove from heat, and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in skillet, add garlic and let it sizzle. Add vegetables and sauté until tender crisp. Add vegetables to pasta.
4. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger, and pepper. Shake well.
5. Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly. Gently mix in cilantro, and green onions.
Can add cooked chicken, beef strips, pork, shrimp as desired. Can be served warm (don’t rinse pasta with cold water) or cold. Keeps well in fridge and flavour improves if it sits before serving.