Monday, January 5, 2009

So far the week has been going great. I've been able to stick to around my points allowance comfortably and am feeling good. Starting a new challenge today where a different member posts a new challenge each week. This week it is to pre-plan the days meal either the night before or the morning off. Also, to do 15 min stretching at least 3 days this week. I haven't been doing much stretching so this is a good one for me.

Preplanning breakfast and lunch is pretty easy, it's dinner I struggle with. Don't know why, but it's the one meal that I like to leave until right before and assess what I feel like having, or what my family feels like, and often the decision is based upon who will be there to eat (which is ever changing). Financially it's good to preplan your dinners, I just haven't been very successful at it. I need to see what I have in the freezer and work around that.

What I should almost do with my family is just have dinners planned for each of us. DS & DH are big meat eaters, DD avoids it as often as possible, and I'd mostly rather have soup or a wrap or something simple like that. And so.....

I'm going to go pull out some chicken for tonight and we will have chicken wraps for dinner :). The family can custom make them to their tastes, or can even heat them up into quesadillas if they so choose.

No comments: