Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Stupid Craving that won't go away

I have this strange craving. It's strange because it's not something I ever usually had, nor is it something I particularily even like.


But every time I drive into town I pass this McDonalds and they have on their board "Double Cheeseburger" and I have to tear my eyes away every single time!!! And sometimes I find myself thinking about it when I'm not even near the sign. Why, oh why, oh why??? Like I said, cheeseburgers have never really been my go to food. I just don't think that a cheeseburger is what I'm craving. Very strange.

Anyhow, I'm not about to cave and have one because it's not what I want. I don't deny myself, but I think I'm smart enough to recognize something that isn't reasonable. Maybe I need to make myself a homemade burger, or beggie burger. Maybe it's the yummy pickles & other toppings that I'm wanting. Hmmm, something to think about.

Did session 2 of the Sun Run training last night. I have to cram a bit as I should be on Week 2, but I started Week 1 late. So will put a few extra runs in this week. I'm being careful not to push myself hard with the speed though. Luckily I'm used to working out on a regular basis already so it's not like I'm overdoing it, I'm just changing what I've typically done for a workout to following the running schedule.

I was too lazy/rushed/tired last night to have a proper stretch though and am feeling that today. Tonight I'll be sure to spend some extra time on that.

2 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I get those cravings too - I drive past a KFC on my way home every night and the smell gets all teh way into my car! I was actually thinking about this last night because for some reason I just wanted to stop; and I have never been one to like KFC. I think it's the "thought" of eating KFC or a double cheeseburger and somehow, our brain has tricked us into thinking its a craving? Because I know, if I stop and eat KFC, I'm going to be so grossed out by the grease. BUT IT SOUNDS & SMELLS SO GOOD!

Heidi said...

Yeah no kidding. I KNOW I don't want it, it tastes gross - greasy, icky, yuck!