Thursday, September 18, 2008

Class was pretty good last night. Though, while it wasn't easy, I would have liked it to be a bit harder. Did a variety of sprints/runs alternated with some strength moves - push-ups, burpess (OMFG!!), planks. Did some lunges, a ton of squats and the move that is killing me today - outer thigh abduction ... ouch! Then did a bunch of different weights and sit-ups. I haven't done squats for a long time and actually missed them(that sounds weird even to my ears). I think I'll perform my own boot camp class at home at least one other day per week as I like the basic idea of it and the variety of mixing things up.

Made a yummy veggie pasta salad this morning for lunch (which I'm eagerly waiting for heehee). And I've been looking for some new ideas for dinners. Going to try this one this weekend:

Sesame Chicken Strips

6 Chicken Breasts, 4 oz each, cut into thin strips
2 tblspn. sesame seeds

MARINADE
½ c. chicken broth
2 tblspn. soya sauce
4 tsp sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
½ tsp ground coriander
few drops hot pepper sauce
¼ c. finely chopped parsley
¼ c. finely chopped green onion

Combine the marinade, add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes (or longer for more flavour).

Preheat broiler. Drain the chicken & discard the marinade. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds.

Broil 4" from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn and broil for 3 to 5 minutes more, or until the chicken is no longer pink.

You could do this with whole chicken breast too, but I’d think you’d want to marinate it longer to get the flavour infused. You could also thread it onto skewers if you wanted, make sure to soak them in cold water first if using wooden skewers.

I also have a hankering for Grilled Tomatoes (like you get at the Keg) topped with olive oil, salt & pepper, some parmesan cheese and maybe cilantro or oregano. Mmmm - so good!

Wearing my new jeans and fitted sweater today and not only are they comfy but I feel pretty good wearing them. WAHOO!! Hubby gave me a hug this morning and said I felt slimmer - hahha. Sad thing is he probably could tell as he's very intune to minor changes which can be a good thing and a not so good thing depending on which direction it's going.

No comments: