Thursday, September 25, 2008

I just have to post a link to this post on another blog http://doinitforme.blogspot.com/2008/09/weigh-in-process.html. So funny, and scary how true that I do alot of those things (not all) before I have an official weigh-in.

Last night was Boot Camp and I'm LOVING it!!! Hopefully I'm not as stiff this week. I just love doing so many different things and challenging my body in different ways. I've been so bored with the typical step class and such that I've taken on and off for years. This really inspires me to get out there and try new things.

Hmm, let's see, we did (among other things like alot of sprints): Burpees, push-ups with an elastic band across our upper back for resistance, planks, jumping jacks, combination tricep curl/bicep curl with opposing arms while balancing on one foot, "axe-chopping" while on one foot, lat raises with an elastic, overhead presses, bent arm lateral raises, inner/outer thigh raises (with a weight on mid thigh), and a variety of ab exercises for upper and lower abs.

I'm so glad I'm already signed up in the next session. If they add another day of it that I can attend I'd love to. Definitely worth the $6 per class.

Also tried another new recipe last night. It was OK, but not outstanding. I wanted it to have more flavour and I certainly didn't find it spicy at all. Perhaps some hot sauce or cayenne might do the trick, or more garlic. Should probably just be called Marinated Pork Chops. Original recipe called for chili sauce, not powder, but I didn't have any - maybe that makes a different.

SPICY MARINATED PORK CHOPS

3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 cloves of garlic, minced
5 large pork chops

In a large resealable bag, mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic. Place the pork chops into the bag, carefully seal the bag, and marinate for 6-12 hours in the refrigerator. Turn the bag over about halfway through.

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Grill 5 to 7 minutes on each side.

No comments: