Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mmmm, made a meatloaf recipe from Weight Watchers last night. So good! The family loves this one (other than my picky son). I've adapted it a bit from the original recipe.

MEATLOAF

1/2 c. Ketchup
1/2 c. BBQ Sauce
1/4 c. Minced onion
4 Green Onions - chopped fine

3 garlic cloves - crushed
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
Salt & Pepper
2 Large egg whites or 1 whole egg
1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 c. Quick-cooking oats

1/4 c. Ketchup
1/4 c. BBQ Sauce
Cooking spray


Combine 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 c. BBQ sauce, onions, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and egg in a large bowl; stir well. Add meat and oats; stir just until blended. Shape mixture into a 8x4-inch loaf on a broiling pan coated with cooking spray.

Brush remaining 1/4 c. ketchup & 1/4 c. BBQ Sauce over meat loaf

Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Also I have two new food finds - All Bran Bars new flavours - Cinnamon Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip - both 2 pts per bar. Personally I find the Cinnamon Oatmeal absolutely amazing - and the kids love them too. I dipped it in my tea and it felt sinful. Just had the Chocolate Chip one and it's definitely good, but if given a choice I'd take the other one first. The Chocolate Chip one is probably better dipped too.

Tonight is my Boot Camp class. I sure hope that I recover better this week. I've been pretty active so I'm hoping that helps.

No comments: