Thursday, September 11, 2008

La Tortilla Factory Wraps

Oh My Heaven ... yesterday at the produce store I found some wraps that are amazing!! In fact, they appear too good and I'm very skeptical. They're made by La Tortilla Factory and one wrap is 100 calories, 3 g fat and 12 frickin' grams of fibre. Not to mention 9g of protein which is nothing to shake a stick at. I calculated them at 1 point with a 4g fibre cap. But, seriously.... I can't believe that so I'm counting them as 2 points for safety sake. I've used one today to make a wrap sandwich for lunch. It's Tomato Basil Flavour and I filled it with ham, romaine lettuce, tomato, cilantro (YUM!) and then 1 tblspn of light ranch dressing mixed with Louisana Hot Sauce for a kick. It looks so pretty - heeheee. They're kinda expensive - 4.59 for 6 wraps, but I'm hoarding them from the family.



I've discovered a few things in the last 24 hours. One - rice from my rice cooker is a challenge food. I have a hard time stopping with a single serving and will need to be more diligent with that. Two - Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal is too sweet for my tastes now. I'm going to have to start with regular and flavour it myself with less sugar. Too bad because I love the stuff as an easy and quick breakfast. The next one I've known for a while but rediscovered last night ... Three - A big warm cup of tea in the evening, especially if it's Chai made with just a splash of milk, is really satisfying and much better than munching and it really does stop a craving for something sweet. Especially when you don't really have anything sweet in the house and the alternative is to just eat your way through the cupboard until you do find something.

1 comment:

jellyarmsrme said...

WTG HEIDI!!!!!!!!!!!! You're doing so well!!!

I love Chai too...if you ever do core (or you need to get a dairy in), Chai is really good steeped in milk too!

And boy, I hope I can find those wraps around here somewhere...woohoo...what a find!