Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So my new runners are amazing! 30 min run (in 8 min intervals) on the treadmill last night and they felt fantastic. I left the run until LATE, didn't start until 10:40. But, as usual, I slept fantastic afterwards, I think I'm lucky that way.

The Boot Camp class is full - overfull. Including me and M, there are 11 people on a waitlist. Would be nice if they'd add another class. We're signed up for the 2nd session though which starts Oct 29th. And in the meantime I'm going to sign us up for Kickboxing Boot Camp. Kinda scared about the Kickboxing portion but want to give it a try. It's only 7 classes, though we'll probably only take 6 because the last class overlaps with the first class of the other session (same date & time - different location).

And I've decided to go ahead and do the Terry Fox Run this weekend with the girls. It's on our "normal" running day anyway, pretty much same location, and similar distance. Only difference will be that it's on the road and it's a big group setting. I'm a bit uncomfortable with it but need to push myself to try different things and I think this will be a good group run to start with as the committment level is very low. We'll see how I feel about it. Was going to do only 5K and run the whole thing but thought about it and will do the 10K. We already pretty much run that distance, time really doesn't matter, and I want more exercise. I'll just walk as needed, which may be more than usual as it's supposed to be hot. I told M I'm going to run at my own pace though and meet up with her at the end because I want to see how I can do. I love that she's so cool about things like that and it doesn't bother her at all if I want to do my own thing. I'd like to get out and get one of those water bottle belts so I can drink along the way. Need one anyway!

No comments: