Thursday, June 4, 2009

Didn't get around to posting yesterday. Was a bit of an odd day that I never really settled into. Ate a few extra things that I know from past experience are my downfalls (swedish berries and fresh yummy bread). I almost didn't track everything, but in the end decided to and it really wasn't all that bad. I had 26 points and my target is 21 - so really not that horrible.

I skipped on exercise too. My son had his 2nd set of soccer tryouts last night so I was going to run while he was there. But when I got there my friends were there and I haven't seen them in quite a while and have really missed hanging out with them. So while I felt slightly guilty that I was missing my workout, I also know the importance of good friends and keeping in contact so I felt this was the choice I wanted to make.

I'm so excited for Saturday when I'll post my weigh in. I weigh myself daily so I already have an idea and if everything stays on course then it is a fairly exciting day.

Tonight we need to get our passport photos done, my daughter has a special event at dance class, and I absolutely must squeeze in a run. I've been researching various half marathons and I've narrowed it down to a few possiblities for late summer/early fall.

Today's menu:

Breakfast - Red River Cereal (2)
Snack - Pear (1)
Lunch- 4 c. Raw Veggies, Spicy Chicken Wrap on a Small La Tortilla Wrap, Mandarin orange (4)
Snack - Fibre One Oats & Peanut Butter Chewy Bar, 1/2 c. yoghurt (4)
Dinner - Tilapia fillet with cornflake topping, Salad with spicy cilantro ranch dressing ** and 1/2 c. kidney beans (10)

Total - 21 points

Exercise - 45 min running

** Spicy Cilantro Ranch Dressing - I'm going to try mixing bottled ranch dressing with Louisiana Hot Sauce with Lime & a good handful of finely chopped cilantro - maybe some cumin too. I just love those flavours! Never made this before but the idea appeals to me.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like you did well anyway, despite the bread and swedish berries.

I can't wait to hear about your loss. Other people's success is always so motivating.

Syl said...

Damn swedish berries!
I hope to have a great weigh in this week just like you will. God knows we've worked our butts off!

Oh and the dressing sounds yummy you'll have to let us know how it turned out!