Monday, June 8, 2009

My menu in pictures

The other night my family was scattered all over so we each had something different for dinner. I had a craving for hamburgers so had bought some Yves veggie burgers to give a try. I haven't had them for years and thought it was worth a shot since regular hamburgers are really not worth the points. At only 2 pts per patty though, that is amazing!



I paired the patty with a wonderful product I found in the discount bin at Superstore - Wonder Bread Thin Burger Buns - 120 cal each with 3 or 4 g fibre. They were awesome and only 2 pts. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell they aren't being made anymore so I will have to settle with President's Choice Burger First when I run out. The PC one's are 3 pts each and if they taste the same then they WILL find their way into my basket again.



This burger was SO good. I'm not a fan of meat alternative products. I like my meat. But seriously, how can you pass up a burger that tastes at least as good as a regular burger (if not better) for total 4 pts? Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmmmmm!!!!! Bonus, no one else in the family will touch them.



Breakfast yesterday morning was a lovely farm fresh boiled egg, a whole tomato and some veggies that didn't fit into my lunch container. I despise store bought eggs. These eggs are from my ILs friends, from chickens who eat vegetable scraps and you can not beat the flavour.




Lunch was my big container of mixed vegetables (I swear I could easily eat twice this amount - this is 3 large stalks celery, 1 whole large red pepper, 1/3 long english cucumber and a few baby carrots), 1/2 c. yoghurt and a turkey sandwich on Weight Watcher's Whole Wheat Bread. I don't often buy this bread, but it was on a super sale at my local Co-op store, so I got a few loaves. At 1 pt for 2 slices you can't really go wrong. My son took one look at my breakfast & lunch and asked if I was trying to turn into a rabbit!!! HAHAHAHA. He is a self proclaimed meat-atarian and is anti-vegetables.




Afternoon snack consisted of 1 oz. Jalapeno Jack Cheese and a hard boiled egg






Dinner was a tilapia fillet (I love this fish!) topped with a drizzle of olive oil, cornflake crumbs, cayenne, pepper & lemon juice. Served with a salad that included 1/4 c. kidney beans and a balsamic olive oil dressing. A just a few low fat french fries (too hard to resist).


I even had room for a little dessert. I love myself a Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich, but I found Breyers 100 calorie Ice Cream Sandwich on sale the other day and decided to give them a whirl. They are a bit smaller (90mL compared to 113mL) but also 2 pts compared to 3, so a little savings. It was good. I probably still prefer the Skinny Cow, but if the Breyers was on sale again I'd buy them.



We finished off the night with my husband having to go see a client out in Richmond. So my daughter came along and we went for a nice walk along the Steveston boardwalk (forgot my camera which was a shame as it was pretty - check on the link). They shared a mango yoghurt smoothie from Blendz Coffee and then they each had a Gelato ice cream on a waffle cone. I passed on both those items and didn't feel I was missing out. What a great feeling!


Total - 21 points

Exercise - 30 min walk

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yum, you're whole food day looks delicious. I might have to give those burgers a try. My husband and I gave up red meat and pork last year and I'm looking for a decent alternative. Right now we're eating the M&M Meat shop veggie burgers and they are just ok.

Thanks for the good food ideas. I love seeing what others are eating.