Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Here's a couple pics I took today that I wanted to share....

This is outside my front door. I was relaxing (suntanning) for a bit before dinner and it hit me how lucky I am to live on such a pretty property. When the water lillies come out in a few weeks it is just gorgeous - all white & bright pink.


Here is what I had for supper. My plate was so full and I couldn't finish it all. This was 9 points, maybe even 8, but alot of food. I had about 2/3 of it then finished off the rest after my workout.

And just to show Syl that I too look like a duffus in a bike helmet - hahahahhaaaaaa. I absolutely HATE wearing a helmet. Ideally I'd wear it for safety but the reasons I wear it is it's hard to nag the kids to wear theirs if I don't wear one, but after years of not wearing one because I didn't want to mess up my hair ... I've found that it gets alot less messy when I do wear one. I'm vain, what can I say! I'd much rather ride without it as I love the feeling of the wind whipping my hair.

The bike ride to bootcamp was pretty tough. I went out to get my bike and realized they were still cinched up on the truck from our weekend trip - ack!! By the time I got them off I had 15 minutes to get to class. I had to ride so fast, it was hot, and I could feel the sweat dripping down my legs - but I couldn't slow down. Then class was super hard as we did alot of run stairs. I'm sure my face was beet red and I know I was sweating like crazy. The ride home I took a little more leisurely, especially since I was feeling a little bit lightheaded. But it was nice to get that extra boost of exercise. I love biking for that.

5 comments:

Syl said...

a very cute duffus! Love the property!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I second Syl, you can definetly pull off the helmet look :)

Way to be a good role model

Gina said...

Wow - between you and Syl, I am asking for a bike for my birthday! I am motivated by what you two have to say about the sport! A friend of mine also swears it builds muscles that are needed for running! way to go!

Unknown said...

I think you loook cute in that helmet actually ! I really want a bike !

jh said...

Great view,wow. Love your blog. So real and inspirational. Thanks!

jen
Boda Weight Loss Blog